Friday 22 June 2018

Preparation Phase


To generate maximum force I need to contract as many segments as possible. I know I am contracting segments in my preparation phase because my lower body muscles are working. I know i am following the principle of sequencing because my lower body muscles are contracting.

In the preparation phase I am contracting my lower body muscles. This means that I am using my Hips, Knees and Ankle joints in this phase. Therefore i can see in my picture that my knee is bent, so it is Flexion. With my knee bent i can see that my Agonist is my Hamstring and my antagonist is Quadricep. Also, I can see that my ankles is working, therefore it is in the Dorsiflexion position. The differences/similarities I can see in my joints and the ideal are my back is Extended compared to the other photo is back is flexxed, My tibialis anterio is Agonist muscle and my Gastrocnemiums is my antagonist muscle.In the preparation phase I am using Newton's Laws. The Newton's law that I am using in this phase is his 1st Law. Newton's 1st Law states that a body continues in its state of rest or uniform motion unless an unbalanced force acts upon it. Im overcoming inertia by contracting my lower body muscle to flex my legs. 
In the preparation phase balance and stability is important when performing a sporting movement. 
Line of Gravity is defined as the vertical line that passes through the centre of gravity to the ground also to be stable the line of gravity must fall within our Base of Support, Base of Support is defined as the area that is in contact with the ground, The larger the contact area with the ground the greater the stability. I can see that i am balanced because my centre of gravity is located inside my body. Also i am balanced becuse i have two feet on the ground therefore i have a solid base of support.

No comments:

Post a Comment